We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Albert Lea...
13 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants

What are some of the best moderately priced restaurants in Edmonton and where are they?

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

there are hundreds of restaurants in Edmonton and area. What type of food do you like? What area of the city are you staying in? I am assuming you will have a car and be willing to drive around town, is that correct?

We have a very wide range of ethnic restraunts in Edmonton if that is of interest to you. Pricing also ranges from the standard subway 5.00 sandwich all the way up to 100 or more per plate. Also are you looking for family style, romantic, quick, leasurly?

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Albert Lea...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

We'll have a car & are staying SE of downtown. I'd enjoy Indian for lunch.

I've seen lists, but don't trust them because sometimes you only need to join to be on them!

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
311 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Try New Asian Village for their great (Indian) lunch buffet. they are on Saskatchewan Drive and about 100 Street - a very central southside location. It's just across the river from downtown, and about 4 or 5 blocks north of Whyte Avenue. Highly recommended.

Mentioned in this post
New Asian Village
New Asian Village
93 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
Whyte Avenue
Whyte Avenue
1,116 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
Albert Lea...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Thanks for the recommendation!

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

I totally agree. New Asian Village is great. I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

Mentioned in this post
New Asian Village
New Asian Village
93 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
Albert Lea...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Are there any Canadian/American restaurants anyone can recommend?

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

The Keg is good for beef. There are two locations, one on the southside, just off whyte ave, and the other in the west end, not too far from WEM.

There are lots of Earls, Joey Tomatoes, Moxie's type establishments.

Does that help at all?

Albert Lea...
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

I'm not familiar with any of those, but we're willing to try them, if they're recommended!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

For Indian cusine, the New Asian Village is the place to go in Edmonton. As for the others, I would say the Sawmill for a good slice of beef or Sorrentinos for pasta is always a good bet. Depends on where you stay I guess.

Mentioned in this post
New Asian Village
New Asian Village
93 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Alberta
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

Barb and Ernies is great for breakfast and highly recommended. They are on 99th St. Great huge home cooked meals at very reasonable prices.

Moosefactory on Calgary Trail is also excellent. Especially if you do the buffet so you can sample everything.

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada