We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Globalfest Seating

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hilliard, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Globalfest Seating

Will be in Calgary for the Globalfest next year and need suggestions on seating. It is suggested that people bring their own blankets or chairs. Hoping not to sit on the ground for a few hours, but because we'll be flying in from out of town, it won't be possible to bring my own chairs from home. Was thinking we could just go to a camping supply store and buy the cheapest chairs for the night and leave them behind at the hotel, but that seems kind of wasteful. I didn't think a party event store would be willing to rent me three chairs for the night. Any suggestions? And I'm thinking of getting the VIP tickets, would that be worth it? Thanks.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,997 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Globalfest Seating

How about a lightweight cushion something like this? rei.com/product/…therm-a-rest-z-seat-pad

We have a 4-day festival I attend every year, and it's basically what I use.

Hilliard, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Globalfest Seating

That is actually a great idea, since it would be light and could be packed in a suitcase. I'll check in to it. Thanks for the tip.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Globalfest Seating

I'll second that suggestion. I use one of these; they're self-inflating, so that they take up very little space when not in use:

cascadedesigns.com/therm-a-rest/…product

Calgary
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Globalfest Seating

Does anyone know what the washrooms are like? Are they portapotties or somewhere to change diapers?

5. Re: Globalfest Seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 17, 2015