We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV on Mercedes basis in Calgary

Alfter
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Topic
RV on Mercedes basis in Calgary

Does anybody know a RV rental company, that offers RV on Mercedes Sprinter basis in Calgary?

Brgds Andrew

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,084 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RV on Mercedes basis in Calgary

Welcome to the TripAdvisor forums, GeigerAlfter!

Interesting question, you clearly know what you want :)

This TripAdvisor Traveller Article lists the Calgary companies that rent RVs:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g659487-c104900/Canad…

After doing a web search on "Mercedes Sprinter", I see that you're looking for a van conversion.

Canadream rents van conversions, but they are all on Ford chassis, not Mercedes/Dodge Sprinter. The Cruise Canada RV fleet is also all on Ford chassis. Fraserway doesn't rent van conversions, just truck campers, Class A motorhomes (bus chassis) and Class C motorhomes. (Van conversions are also known as Class B motorhomes.)

Aha! Go West does offer a Sprinter-based van conversion: go-west.com/rental_rvs/…

Traveland only has offices in Langley, BC (near Vancouver.) They rent a Mercedes diesel van conversion. They call it an "Era", but to me it looks like it could be a Sprinter chassis? travelandrvcanada.com/rentalvehicles/DIESEL_…

West Coast Mountain Campers' van conversions are Fords.

Hope this helps!

Edited: 9:34 am, September 20, 2013
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,307 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RV on Mercedes basis in Calgary

Canada dreams use to rent sprinters but they gave them up. The cost difference between the diesel in the gas was so much it wasn cost effective to rent them. I've never seen a rental use Mercedes in the Rockies

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,436 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RV on Mercedes basis in Calgary

I saw one of those Go-West units on the Icefields Parkway the other day. I noticed it because of the Mercedes logo, and because, with the row of windows all along the side, it looks a lot less like an RV and more like one of those vans that many tour companies use.

4. Re: RV on Mercedes basis in Calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 22, 2014