We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car in Calgary

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
48 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a car in Calgary

We will be flying into Calgary on August 30, staying for one night, renting a car, and driving to Canmore. Can someone tell me if there is a hotel with airport shuttle service near the car rental agencies downtown. I've heard that it is much cheaper to rent the car away from the airport. We would probably not get the car until the following day. Then how to get back to the airport on the return trip? Thanks for anyone's help. This all seems complicated.

Worthington...
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Renting a car in Calgary

We're staying the night in Calgary before flying home to Hartford. Any recommendations on a hotel? We'll drop off our rental car at the airport the am of our flight.

Worthington...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Renting a car in Calgary

We're staying the night in Calgary before flying to Hartford, returning our rental car in the am. Any recommendations for a hotel for the last night of our vacation?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,213 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Renting a car in Calgary

As a Calgarian, I don't stay in the airport hotels. However, I can tell you that the Delta Airport is right next to the terminal. The Acclaim and Best Western Freeport are the next-closest hotels (about 5 mins away) and they get lots of positive reviews. Both of those buildings are less than 5 years old.

USA
Level Contributor
48 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Renting a car in Calgary

I've just about got this all worked out. We will be staying at the Acclaim Hotel near the airport and renting a car the following morning from Avis, which is located at the Executive Inn. Does anyone know if we can take the Acclaim Hotel shuttle back to the airport and use the Executive Inn shuttle to get the car if we are not staying at the Executive Inn? We are willing to pay for the shuttle. (The Executive Inn is on the opposite side of the airport from the Acclaim Hotel.) Thanks for any help.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,213 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Renting a car in Calgary

Another TA member asked the Executive Inn about that a few months back, and their response was a pretty definite "no". I just used the taxi fare estimator at www.taxime.ca and cab fare between the two hotels is $30 (not including tip).

Canada
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Renting a car in Calgary

Why don't you just stay at the Executive Inn? Ratings seem decent and solves the shuttle/taxi issue. My BIL has stayed there and had no complaints.

(This is a different AVIS location from a previous posting?....)

USA
Level Contributor
48 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Renting a car in Calgary

Thank you for your help. We had already booked the Acclaim Hotel with reward points before looking for a rental car. At first I had booked the car downtown, but then found this address at the Executive Inn to be closer and perhaps with less hassle than having to go downtown. Expedia was able to change the pickup location and keep the same price on the car. It looks like we will just take a taxi between the hotels and hopefully will be able to return the car to the airport.

18. Re: Renting a car in Calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 26, 2014