We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to CalgaryAug frmUK.Temporary accomm b4 buying?

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland UK
3 posts
Save Topic
moving to CalgaryAug frmUK.Temporary accomm b4 buying?

I am coming to Calgary early August with my 5yr old, my husband is currently working in Fort McMurray, lucky for me I happened to find this site (fantastic info!!)

Registered for e-mails to be sent to me for Whitehorn/Temple areas (close to LRT station) from Real Estate agents. But after reading some topics on this site, have changed my mind a little.

Now I'm a little stuck. Although Dalhousie keeps coming to the forefront of my brain. (yet again, LRT) Unless someone can suggest an area that isn't too far from Downtown (I won't be driving for sometime, until I get used to driving on the otherside of the road)

has okay shopping, both groceries and other essentials, clothing etc.

Although I'm a mother, I don't think suburbia is me. but still want the garden and child friendly play areas.

Sorry, very difficult to please.

Back to topic....... How difficult/easy would it be to find temporary accommodation pretty much straight away?

Any suggestions would be great, THANK YOU.

Scotland UK
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: moving to CalgaryAug frmUK.Temporary accomm b4 buying?

Thanks again for the posts. I already feel at home. It's nice when everyone's friendly, I'm getting all emotional.

Thank you Sasha, will look into Bridgeland and Sunnyside more. Did consider them, but I'm losing my intuition......with the pressure.

12. Re: moving to CalgaryAug frmUK.Temporary accomm b4 buying?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, August 13, 2009