We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation late July

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation late July

Just want to say well done to the people of Calgary how you have reacted to the terrible floods you have had.

On a personal note we are coming to Calgary late July and can get no information out of our tour company on conditions in Calgary. At the moment we know our hotel is shut but should reopen July2. What I would like to know is what the situation with the infrastructure. We are driving in from Edmonton is there any problems with fuel supplies, Restaurant's ect . Or should things be back to as near normal as possible. I know this seems very selfish with what you are going through but we do not want to add to any problems you are having

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,314 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation late July

No, Calgary, Canmore and Banff are all fine. I haven't heard of any problems with fuel shortages, and that would be pretty unexpected, since there are many refineries in Alberta north of Calgary, well out of the flood zone. (You'll see some of them on your drive from Edmonton.)

I have had no problems buying groceries or takeout pizza since the flood and I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with that either. Some individual businesses were closed as a result of the flooding, but the overall impact to the city's infrastructure is fairly small. Some roads and bridges are still closed; you can see them listed here:

calgarycitynews.com/2013/…road-closures.html

The road & bridge closures are mapped here:

calgary.ca/Transportation/Roads/Pages/Traffi…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation late July

In Canmore right now and all is open and good. Have also been to Banff again all good. Having trouble booking white water rafting due to the river conditions but other than that all good.

3. Re: Vacation late July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 02, 2014