We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash passports, which one?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Cash passports, which one?

Does anyone know if Travelex Visa cash passport card is generally accepted in the Edmonton/St Albert area of Canada?

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Canada
Canada
North America
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,832 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cash passports, which one?

The VISA and MasterCard debit cards work like credit cards here. Both are widely accepted. I use my VISA credit card for almost everything these days, since it is a "points" card....c annot remember the last time I actually spent "cash".

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cash passports, which one?

Thanks for confirming that. My daughter lives in St Albert & said that she uses a Visa, but I wasn't sure if that was the same as the cash passport Visa.Sure someone on this site had said that Visa was a problem near Calgary. Obviously not.

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
3. Re: Cash passports, which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 26, 2014