We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to rent a car for 8 persons + bags from CALGARY

naharia
6 posts
Save Topic
to rent a car for 8 persons + bags from CALGARY

please help me to find a place to rent a car in CALGARY for 8 persons in julie 10 days till vancouver. thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to rent a car for 8 persons + bags from CALGARY

There's no car or SUV that will comfortably handle 8 passengers plus luggage.

Start investigating a 12 or 15 passenger van from a place like here: https://www.nationalcar.ca/

If you're planning on travelling one-way between Calgary and Vancouver you'll likely be faced with a very steep drop-off charge because the van has to be returned to Calgary.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Terry

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,140 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to rent a car for 8 persons + bags from CALGARY

most full size vans would work but most will not unltd miles so be careful. You will also need insurance as credit cards consider these commercial vehicles. Make sure your regular drivers license is sufficient.

I'd look at Enterprise rent a car

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,189 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to rent a car for 8 persons + bags from CALGARY

You might be better off with renting 2 vehicles. If you rent a large van you may have to pay for each kilometre. Also with 2 vehicles, you would probably be more comfortable..

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,692 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: to rent a car for 8 persons + bags from CALGARY

I believe a bus drivers license is required to carry 8....? I was under the impression that 7 was the limit on a regular license.

5. Re: to rent a car for 8 persons + bags from CALGARY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Calgary