We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada

I have never flown on Air Canada before. Can anyone tell me how reliable and on time they are? We are flying non stop from Newark to Calgary... I think I got a good deal on the airfare. (leaving in late June). I cannot believe how high United and Delta are and they were not non stop....We will be on a Tauck Tour to the Canadian Rockies and Glazier National Park.....thanks so much....

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Air Canada

I checked out WestJet and Air Canada was cheaper plus they only had one flight time which was not good for us with our tour....Thanks for posting....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
710 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Air Canada

I've been an Elite member for a few years and fly them by choice over any US carrier and travel about once every couple of weeks without any concern - book with confidence

Rob

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,193 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Air Canada

http://www.airlinequality.com/index.htm

Check out both for airline reviews and airline ratings.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Air Canada

You are all so informative. thank you....I booked Air Canada....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Air Canada

You will be fine. Even if the flight is delayed (which can happen, and is not always in the airlines' control) you should have no issues with AC.

I fly a lot for business trips as well as personal travel and both Air Canada and Westjet are just fine. The Canadian carriers have very very good safety records and honestly (no offense) seem to offer much better service than the American carriers do, at least that is my personal experience.

I personally prefer Westjet slightly over Air Canada, but both carriers are just fine. I honestly will pay more $ to fly with these Canadian carriers when travelling to the US as I prefer their service (up here I tend to find that the American carriers offer cheaper flights to the US sometimes, but the service is lower). I have had some not so good experiences with United, Delta, and US Airways in the past so I tend to stick with either WJ or AC now exclusively, no matter what the price. So I think you will actually like AC, the TV option is nice for long flights.

Edited: 1:44 pm, February 06, 2013
16. Re: Air Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 08, 2014