We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from calgary

n.ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
transport from calgary

arrive 5pm into calgary airport heading to the westin hotel 320 4th ave sw(whatever that means!) is the bus handy to take or best getting taxi. ta

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from calgary

320, 4th Avenue South West.

Taxi fare will be around $ 35-40

The bus will get you to appr. 200 meters from the hotel(don't know the fare)

The airportshuttle could be your best bet.

www.airportshuttlecalgary.ca

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,178 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from calgary

Here's what that looks like on a map. Zoom in for details. About 20 min by the looks of it.

http://goo.gl/maps/XwnM3

320 4th Avenue, SW. SW simply means South West. Calgary is sectioned into 4 quadrants plus Centre City. You don't want to be left with just "4th Avenue" to figure out. You'd be searching for a while!!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,890 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from calgary

The Rte 300 airport shuttle is $8 from the airport to downtown, $3 if you board it at any other point. Schedule & route information is here:

www.calgarytransit.com/route_maps/rte300.html

It looks like stop C is closest to the Westin.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport from calgary

As others have said, either you can take a taxi, or the Rte 300 bus, which will drop you off pretty close to your hotel. Of course, if you have a lot of lugguge, the bus may not be the most convenient option. Personally, I would opt to take a cab, it should cost ~ $40.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,139 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport from calgary

do take the airport shuttle. For $15 its as fast as a cab. The westin is normallyy the 2nd stop and very direct. I took the bus and if you want the scenic tour of every neighborhood between the airport and downtown fine, but for a few dollars more the shuttle is the way to go unless you splurge with a cab. Fares from the airport are higher and normally I pay closer to $40 to within one block on the Westin.

n.ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transport from calgary

just reviewing my previous posts now that i fly in 4 weeks. so think this the best travel option many thanks for your info

7. Re: transport from calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 06, 2014