We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop for groceries and bear spray??

Mount Kisco, New...
Level Contributor
134 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stop for groceries and bear spray??

Hi everyone,

We're flying into Calgary next week and then driving down to Glacier National Park in Montana. I don't know the driving route yet, but we'll need to stop somewhere to buy groceries and to get bear spray. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Seth

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,336 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stop for groceries and bear spray??

Well, you will have to make two stops, since I'm quite confident no grocery stores sell bear spray.

It seems that you can get bear spray from Canadian Tire, which is a large chain of stores ("More than just tires!"). But I'd phone the store first to make sure it's in stock.

If time permits, I'll look in at a Canadian Tire tomorrow to see if they have bear spray, because I'm curious now.

Other good bets would be Wholesale Sports ( …wholesalesports.com/storefront/…Calgary ), Mountain Equipment Co-op ( mec.ca/AST/…Calgary.jsp ), and Camper's Village ( www.campers-village.com/store/go/contact-us/ ).

Major grocery stores in Calgary are Safeway, Calgary Co-op (a mainstream grocery chain, not a hippy dippy business), Sobey's, and Real Canadian Superstore.

Edited: 9:29 pm, July 17, 2012
2. Re: Where to stop for groceries and bear spray??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 19, 2013