We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stampede rodeo seating

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
Save Topic
Stampede rodeo seating

I'm buying rodeo tickets for the Stampede. For seats in or near the first row of the 100s level, are there advantages to the north end over the south end or vice versa?

Alternately, is it better to go a few rows or levels up to get a little closer to center?

I've looked at the seating charts but without having ever seen the grandstand in the flesh it's all pretty abstract. Personal opinions would be appreciated.

calgary
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stampede rodeo seating

No advantage between south and north end; except if it's a hot sunny day, you will be better off in the north end. If you can get center seats higher up, it would be a better view.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stampede rodeo seating

Thanks, cruiseryyc! I guess based on the price difference I won't be going for center seats, I'm just wondering about the tradeoff of moving a few rows up and a few seats over (toward center) within a section.

calgary
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stampede rodeo seating

Closer to the center is better.

Richmond, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stampede rodeo seating

Cannot get infield seats, but am trying to determine which centre seating is better for best viewing between the following sections: section 109, 110, or 112; Section: 213, 214, 215; or sections 510?

calgary
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stampede rodeo seating

Infield seats sell out within hours of going on sale; any of those sections you mentioned would be good but are there actually seats still available in those sections? It appears to be only single seats available in those sections which is fine if your party doesn't want to sit together.

6. Re: Stampede rodeo seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, June 20, 2013