We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant suggestions for 1 day in Calgary

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
392 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant suggestions for 1 day in Calgary

Hi Calgary,

I'll be in Banff in July for a wedding and plan on spending a day in Calgary following the festivities. We are a group of 4 adults. We're likley to do some shopping and a bit of sightseeing. All of us, except one, have visited the city several times.

I'm seeking restaurant recommendations for lunch and dinner. One of our party doesn't eat beef or chicken but will eat fish. Can you help? We are sushi adverse.

Our first stop is Jelly Modern Doughnuts.

Much thanks.

calgary
Level Contributor
4,200 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: restaurant suggestions for 1 day in Calgary

Well if you get to town early enough on Monday, you should take in some of the free Stampede events that take place each day at Rope Square (known for the rest of the year as Olympic Plaza). Here is a link.

http://www.stampede-downtownattractions.com/

Level Contributor
1,346 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: restaurant suggestions for 1 day in Calgary

Hi Calgary,

We've returned from our trip to Banff with a day in Calgary. We were there on a very hot day and found the heat enervating. We didn't have enthusiasm for much, especially after a long weekend of wedding celebratory events.

We ended up at Charcut and Jelly Modern Doughnuts for meals. I've posted reviews. We arrived early at the airport and ensconced ourselves at Chili’s (I know) where we drank and ate mediocre chain food that was just as good, perhaps better, that what we were served at Charcut.

It’s been several years since I last walked the downtown streets and I was very impressed with the cleanliness and maintenance. The city looks good!

Much thanks to all for your suggestions.

13. Re: restaurant suggestions for 1 day in Calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 13, 2013