We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary beaches

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Calgary beaches

Recently in The Calgary Sun there was a picture of a woman playing in the water of what was reported to be "Westboro beach" in Calgary. I tried to find it online but couldn't even find Westboro anything...........is there anyone who can help me locate this beach ? Thanks

DebE

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,314 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Calgary beaches

Trololol! Let me count the lakes and other bodies of water:

1. Bow River

2. Elbow River

3. Glenmore Reservoir

4. Sikome Lake

5. Lake Bonavista

6. Lake Bonaventure

7. Lake Sundance

8. Lake Midnapore

9. Arbour Lake

10. Lake Chaparral

11. Mackenzie Lake

12. Auburn Bay lake

13. Harvest Hills lake

14.Coral Springs lake

15. Mahogany Lake

Of course, most of these are private lakes, and not all have beaches, and it's illegal to swim in Glenmore Reservoir (unless you fall off a dock or a boat), but to say there are no lakes in Calgary is simply incorrect.

12. Re: Calgary beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, June 21, 2013