We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in Calgary

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
One Day in Calgary

Hi -

My husband and I are going to Banff next week and we will have one day in Calgary at the end of our vacation. Any advice as to fun things to do in Calgary? We aren't much for shopping, but enjoy art, music, outdoors stuff (although BRRRR!!) and just walking around in unique neighborhoods. Thanks for any help.

Calgary, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day in Calgary

Welcome to Calgary- there are really only 2 really cool neighbourhoods to walk around- Kensington and 17th Ave SW between 4th Street and 14th Street (which gained notoriety during the NHL playoffs last year as the Red Mile). Stephen Avenue Mall downtown is a good place to visit- there is shopping, restaurants (many of which have live music- Murietta's). You will be within walking distance to the Glenbow Museum and the Calgary tower as well.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day in Calgary

Take a walk down to Fort Calgary (head East along Stephen Ave from memory). Take a trip up Calgary Tower - have a leisurely hour having breakfast up there - it's well worth it. I think you get a complete revolution of the city in an hour. Glenbow is well worth a visit as well.

Calgary-from...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day in Calgary

When I was there, I really enjoyed the Downtown area, as well as the Calgary Tower. It was nice!!!!!!

Have a good trip!

Ps there is a lot of nice things to do walking around downtown.