We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where 2 stay with kids

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
1 post
Save Topic
where 2 stay with kids

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where would be a nice and fin place to saty in the NE of calgary I am goin to be in calgary for 5 days thanks a bunch :-)

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where 2 stay with kids

Hi deptrb,

I don't know what your budget is and what your idea of a fun hotel is. Many people who ask for Calgary accommodation for kids seem to want a waterslide.

You could get that at the Sheraton Cavalier, which is in NE Calgary. I've never been into it myself. However, I think Sheraton hotels usually are pretty good. But they're often at the expensive end of the budget range, and I don't know if that suites you.

The Coast Plaza Hotel also is in the NE. It has an indoor pool but not a slide. I have not been into it either.

The Greenwood Inn is another NE hotel. I've attended functions at the hotel, but have not been into its rooms. However, my company has accommodated a lot of its out-of-town staff there. I've heard only good reviews of the hotel, and I like its public spaces. It has a pool but no slide.

The northeast also has all the usual chain hotels, like Holiday Inn.

However, the northeast is not an area in which it would occur to me stay for 5 days. The areas in which most of the hotels are located are in a commercial zone in which there are big box stores, vehicle dealerships, etc. I don't consider the area to have all that much charm. It's okay to stay there for a night or, at most, 2 nights, to access the airport on your way into or out of this area. You may have a particular reason for staying in the NE. If you don't have a special reason, I don't really recommend it.

I think it would be better to stay in Motel Village, which is in the NW. According to the Internet, the Hampton Inn & Suites that's located in Motel Village, on Banff Trail NW, has a pool and slide.

There are other hotels that have indoor pools (but not slides) in Motel Village. There's the Best Western Village Park Inn, there's the Quality Inn, and there's the Holiday Inn. I've actually stayed at the Quality Inn myself. It was not fancy, but it was clean and friendly.

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where 2 stay with kids

Hi, Deptrb

I have stayed at the Sheraton Cavalier before and it was great. It also costed $150.00 per night. But it did have amazing rooms and a waterslide (No Free Breakfast).

If you are on budget then a great place to stay is the Comfort Inn & Suites in Motel Village. It has a waterslide and a free breakfast. The rooms are very clean and the price is good.

Also if you are not on Budget the Best Western Hospitallity Inn is great. It has a waterslide for the kids, but also for the adults in the courtyard part of the building is a small warm pool among the flowers. There is a tower and a courtyard area. There is also a courtyard dining room and a glass elevator. It is also expensive though.

There are many other choices that have good prices and a waterslide, or just a pool.

Hope This Helps!

BTD