We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calgary airport hotels + car hire question

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
calgary airport hotels + car hire question

Hi - we require one QUIET AS POSSIBLE, and comfortable night at an airport hotel. Which is the best in terms of quiet? Realise it is difficult to be really quiet at an airport!

Also, which car hire firm would you recommend?

Driving to Banff from the airport and want to leave the car in Banff.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,466 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: calgary airport hotels + car hire question

Hi;

A quick look online shows the following national brands serving Calgary.

Alamo, Avis, Budget, Discount, Enterprise, National, and Thrifty.

I’m sure there are other firms as well.

Best Regards

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: calgary airport hotels + car hire question

The Delta Calgary Airport is the only hotel right at the airport terminal; others with 'airport' in their name are several km away, but may offer shuttle service. I haven't stayed in any of these, but you can read reviews on this site.

To avoid a drop-off charge, you may want to pick up and drop off your car in Banff. There are frequent shuttles from the airport to Banff.

london
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: calgary airport hotels + car hire question

Thanks for that info re the shuttles. I had actually looked at one already - $102. Do you think that sounds reasonable?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: calgary airport hotels + car hire question

I think the rate is about $50 per person each way for the scheduled shuttles. So if the $102 is for two people, then that sounds reasonable.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: calgary airport hotels + car hire question

I've rented from National at the Calgary Airport and was very pleased with the price, service and vehicle. The rental was literally just steps away from the terminal which was tremendous.

If price is not an issue with a one way drop off then I would rent in Calgary which would allow you to stop if you wanted on the route, to take photos or just to take in the view.....

We haven't stayed at the airport in years, but the Hampton Inn gets good reviews and since the hotels are all within a mile of one another, are all likely the same in terms of airport noise. Sometimes it's noise from sports teams and the like that you can't control.

This is from one review:

<<In my opinion, this is the overall best of the airport hotels in terms of comfort, price, and amenities. Other than staying at the Delta Calgary Airport, which has the advantage of being adjacent to the terminals, you'll have to take a shuttle/car/taxi to get to the airport from any of the other hotels that bill themselves as airport hotels. The Hampton Inn is near the airport but you rarely hear noise from the airplanes flying overhead --sometimes you can hear it faintly from the fourth floor but it's a very faint sound. There is ample parking in the front and a complimentary airport shuttle. >>

Hope that helps.

6. Re: calgary airport hotels + car hire question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, September 15, 2009