We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Calgary to Toronto

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
3 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Calgary to Toronto

Hi all, I am coming over from Australia & visiting my brother in Calgary for approx 3 weeks in April and looking for fun ways to travel over to Toronto thereafter. Does anyone know of any interesting organised coach trips that i could take. Prefer a younger, singles style trip would be the type of thing i'd be looking for, no screaming kids and a few pub stops would be ideal. Thanks - Nic273

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,100 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Calgary to Toronto

Nic273,

How long were you expecting to spend on the road? The driving time from Calgary to Toronto (NOT including stops for food, gas, sleep, & sightseeing) is about 46 hours.

Canberra
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Calgary to Toronto

I could even take a week to do the trip if need be. I will be travelling alone so prefer the idea of a coach trip to meet other travellers. I could always fly to Toronto & spend the extra time there instead but the idea of an overland adventure sounds like it could be much more fun. Thanks - Nic

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
6,945 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Calgary to Toronto

There's nothing of the sort, unfortunately, between Calgary and Toronto. Most tours focus on particular regions of Canada, but rarely merge them.

One idea to consider is to spend a week taking the Moose Travel Network from Calgary west to Vancouver. That way you'll get to experience some of the most dramatically beautiful scenery in the country (as the sceney from Calgary to Toronto is... flat). Then from Vancouver you can fly to Toronto easily (4 hours) - lots of flights every day, almost every hour.

The Moose Travel Network is the only company I know that offers the type of tour service you're looking for.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Calgary to Toronto

There are NO tour operators designed for younger travellers, that offer a Calgary-Toronto Itinerary. Most begin from Vancouver, or the East coast. Contiki (Travellers under 35) does have a very small selection of tours... but nothing that I could see that fits your needs.

The coach tours tend to be more designed for Seniors travelling across Canada to sightsee.

Sorry Nic.

Canberra
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Calgary to Toronto

Thanks Robyn & Shane. Robyn your suggestion of a side trip to Vancouver with Moose could work nicely. I will contact them to find out more. Cheers again both for your assistance.

6. Re: Travel from Calgary to Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 26, 2009