We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing

My family wants to go downhill skiing in the Calgary/Lake Louise area over Thanksgiving. Is that a possibility or is it taking a big chance that there will be no snow? If skiing is possible, are there any ski in/out hotels/resorts at Lake Louise, Banaff or ???? I have not been able to find a website to answer all my questions about skiing in this area. Can anyone recommend a site for me to check out? Would my chances of snow be any better at Whistler (I guess I should ask that question on their forum)? Thank you.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing

Skiing in Thanksgiving? October 9th? Not in Canada. but here is the link to Sunshine http://www.skibanff.com/mountain/stats.html

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing

Oops! I meant Thanksgiving time in USA which is November 23rd this year. So is there usually enough snow to ski Lake Louise/Banaff around November 23rd? Thanks.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing

I took kabh4655's question to refer to American Thanksgiving, but even that would be very iffy.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing

Sorry, kabh4655, I guess you and I responded at exactly the same time, and I did not see your post. Anyway, as I said in my post, you could not rely on snow at the end of November.