We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lake louise accommodation

Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
lake louise accommodation

We will be in the lake louise area on the 21 &22nd May

Any recommendations

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lake louise accommodation

Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. The "grand old lady" of Lake Louise, with a view that is to die for. However, I personally am not into big hotels.

Post Hotel. Very expensive, but charming, excellent property (about 100 rooms). Fabulous restaurant.

Deer Lodge. My personal favourite. About 75 rooms, if I recall correctly. Quaint stone and wood building. Excellent restaurant.

Paradise Lodge and Bungalows. Have not stayed there myself, but have heard favourable reports.

Baker Creek Chalets. In the forest, about 10 minute drive from Lake Louise. Charming spot. Very popular place. Has a good restaurant.

Lake Louise Inn. Moderately priced place. I've heard mixed reports about it. When friends of mine held their wedding in Banff, they and their family members and out of town friends all stayed at LLI, and received excellent service.

Lake Louise Hostel. Clean, friendly place. You don't have to stay in dorm-style rooms. You can get a private room (but I don't think there are en suite bathrooms). Has an on-site restaurant.

In another post you say you're staying in Banff and then at Emerald Lake Lodge. ELL is close enough to Lake Louise that I wonder why you are bothering to switch locations.

You can get driving directions, distances and times at www.freetrip.com . The default answer is provided in miles, but you can click on a button to request kilometres.

juniper35@gmail.com