We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Boat Excursion In Banff Natl Park

illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Best Boat Excursion In Banff Natl Park

From a scenic viewpoint what is the best boat excursion in Banff Natl Park. I haven't been able to find a cruise on Lake Louise tho.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,809 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Boat Excursion In Banff Natl Park

As far as I know, the only boat excursion (cruise/tour) in Banff National Park is the one on Lake Minnewanka. There is also one here in Jasper National Park, on Maligne Lake.

There are several places in Banff National Park where you can rent a canoe or a kayak and go for a paddle, including Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, and right in the town of Banff.

Lake Louise is not a very big lake - it's only about a mile long.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,692 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Boat Excursion In Banff Natl Park

This short TripAdvisor Traveller Article talks about boating in Banff National Park, with links to the various operators:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154910-c97919/Banff-…

TripAdvisor Traveller Articles are written by TA members like you and me, to answer popular questions like yours.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,055 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Boat Excursion In Banff Natl Park

I think you would find Maligne Lk to be one of the prettiest cruises between the two.

Calgary
Level Contributor
793 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Boat Excursion In Banff Natl Park

I agree. The Maligne Lake cruise is nicer than Lake Minnewanka.

...but Maligne Lake is in Jasper, not Banff...

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Boat Excursion In Banff Natl Park

The Lake Minnewanka Boat Cruise is highly recommended. I love this trip. It's a unique opportunity to enjoy the wilderness from the water - instead of the land.

In the Jasper area, you'll find the Maligne Lake Boat Cruise. It's about 5.5 hours away from Banff and is popular if you are visiting the Jasper.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,055 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Boat Excursion In Banff Natl Park

just did Maligne lk cruise today and it was even more spectacular than the last time I was there. Your only choice in Banff will be Minnewanka but if your in Jasper do Maligne. It was really wonderful

7. Re: Best Boat Excursion In Banff Natl Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 02, 2012