We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorgeous Vistas Around Lake Louise

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Gorgeous Vistas Around Lake Louise

May I have suggestions as to drop your jaw gorgeous vistas around Lake Louise? I know we want to get a photo of the lovely hotel overlooking the lake. Also, may I have suggestions as to what we could do at the hotel that won't break our budget. ex. Eat lunch, etc.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gorgeous Vistas Around Lake Louise

As soon as you see Lake Louise your jaw will drop ,wherever you are standing. It will take your breath away!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,153 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gorgeous Vistas Around Lake Louise

The Fairmont hotels are not "budget" properties. I haven't been to the Chateau Lake Louise in a long time, but ate at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge here last week. There's nothing else quite like it, enjoying a good meal along with the view and the atmosphere of a big luxury resort hotel. But you are paying (top dollar) for ambiance.

Any of the hikes in the Lake Louise/Moraine Lake area have jaw dropping vistas. You can't go wrong. If you're watching your budget, pack a lunch to enjoy on the trail. Sandwiches are available at Laggan's Bakery in the village.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,808 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gorgeous Vistas Around Lake Louise

When will you be there, Charlene? We visited in the first week in June last year and LL was still 3/4 covered in a thin ice cover, and I thought it more beautiful for that having seen the standard photos of the area which are freely available, and still fantastic.

At the same time Moraine Lake was nearly dry!

I have some photos if you would like to click on my profile.

We just took a quick walk through the public area of the Chateau at LL. Did not do much for me, but I am more into natural beauty.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,808 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gorgeous Vistas Around Lake Louise

Oh, and Charlene, please do not think that I was rude in any way for suggesting in your thread on the BC forum that you should slip over to this forum. I just thought that you would get a better response rate from Alberta. :)

5. Re: Gorgeous Vistas Around Lake Louise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, October 15, 2009