We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 nights in Banff or half of the time at Lake Louise?

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
14 nights in Banff or half of the time at Lake Louise?

Hi,

Currently looking at 14 night holidays to Banff in mid-late March, but now wondering if I should split my time between Banff and Lake Louise.

There's only a £22 charge from the tour op to do this, and since both are covered by the same lift pass, it works out quite cheap to do (other two centre ski hols involve buying separate 6-day passes which works out costly).

Is the snow at Lake Louise generally poorer than Mt Norquay and Sunshine village? What would you do?

Even if I don't spend 7 nights at lake lOuise, I still intend to visit the area during my stay.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 nights in Banff or half of the time at Lake Louise?

I would certainly enjoy the benefits of a multi-area ski pass and go ski in Lake Louise. It is a must!

Banff is a much larger town with many activities, amenities, shops, restaurants and bars. In terms of ski hills the terrain at Sunshine and Lake Louise is equally diverse and vast. Mt. Norquay is the smaller of the two but with great vertical and great for an afternoon. Snow Conditions are in the hands of Mother nature.

When your off the hill, Lake Louise is a very small village whereas banff is a town with city amenities. You'll be able to take advantage of what lake Louise has to offer (the actual frozen Lake, of Louise where you can skate, and the Lake Louise Mountain Resort ski hill) by visiting during the day even if you don't stay overnight.

banfflakelouise

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
2. Re: 14 nights in Banff or half of the time at Lake Louise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 27, 2009