We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in the area?

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
FLORIDA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing in the area?

Hi,

I am visiting the area from Florida the first two weeks of July. )Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff)

I like to fish and was wondering the following:

1. Can anyone recommend a guide service that is not a rip-off.

2. I am bringing a small rod / reel, (not fly) of my own. What type of set-up do I need? Lures, hooks, bait?

3. Are there places that are easily accessible to fish off the bank?

4. Is there a tackle shop that might be able to help me with all of this?

Any other suggestions for activities for my wife and I would be appreciated. We are staying at Fairmont Hotels in all three areas.

Howard L.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in the area?

Hello Howard:

For the Banff end of things, I would suggest that you chat with Peter Monod at Monod Sports 403-762-4548 or Dan Bell at 403-762-8263. These are local fishing guides, resident in Banff, who know the local waters forwards and backwards. I don't know what they charge, but I do know that they know what they're doing. However, I believe that they generally guide fly-fishers.

There are certainly lots of river and lake locations where you can ish off the bank. Do remember that you will need a National Parks fishing licence -- you can get these at the Information Centres.

Happy fishing!

2. Re: Fishing in the area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, September 03, 2009