We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Banff :

Essex
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Banff :

Hi there

I'm trying to arrange my wedding to Banff for either Jan/Feb/March 2008.

Can anyone give me any experience they have had of a wedding at the Rimrock Resort Hotel which is the more likely venue rather than the Banff Springs due to room sizes. I am keen to know anyone's experiences good or bad. There will be about 40 people flying in for the wedding. Or is there another venue that would come highly recommended. We are considering St. Mary's Church possibly but might just go all in at the hotel for ease.

Also which hotel would you stay in out there? Is it worth paying for a dearer room at the Rimrock???

Also is there a big difference in the weather in Jan to March?

We're going to honeymoon at the Fairmont in Jasper - does anyone have feed back on this hotel and the rooms - a particular one worth having.

Any other advice that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the million questions and thanks in advance.

T

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
170 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Banff :

Hi Tara,

Congrats on your marriage. A wedding in Banff is a great idea!

My cousin was married in Banff a couple of years ago. She was married at St. Mary's. It is a lovely chruch. Her reception, was held in Canmore at the Olympic Nordic Centre, because price was an issue. However, if you are staying in Banff and most of your guests are flying in, it would be easier to have the reception there as well. Personally, I would go for the Banff Springs, but the Rimrock is a beautiful place and if your are considering room sizes it might be a better choice.

I have stayed at both the Rimrock and the Banff Springs. I like the Banff Springs better. However, it would possibly be easier to stay where ever your wedding/reception is going to be.

Weather, glad you asked. Lots, and lots of snow being in the mountains. January temperatures range from high 23F (-5C) to a low of -5F (-20C). March temperatures range from high 39F (3C) to 18F(-7C). January is usually the coldest month of the year. Personally, I would go with March. Hopefully, not quite as chilly and maybe not a much snow, unless you ski, than anytime would be fine. It will be ski season, so it will definitely be very, very busy.

Fairmont Jasper is an excellent choice. If it fits in with your budget, I would go with a luxury cabin on the lake. One which is very popular with honeymooners is called Athabasca Cottage. You can check it out www.fairmont.com

I hope some of these suggestions, help you in your planning. Whatever you decide to do, you will have a wonderful time!

Mel

2. Re: Wedding in Banff :

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, August 19, 2009