We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding October 1

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
1 post
Save Topic
Wedding October 1

I'm getting married on October 1 in Banff and we've many out of town guests (mostly american) coming for the first time. The wedding is on a Sunday so we have Friday and Saturday to do a lot. Anyone have some good ideas for group and indvidual activities for a group that is quite active?

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding October 1

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

These ideas would involve renting a couple of mini vans to ferry everyone around, but the two day trips described on the TripAdvisor page entitled "Inside Banff : Day Trips" would be perfect, in my opinion:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154911-s407/Banff:Al…

The two day trips in question involve visiting the Lake Louise / Moraine Lake area and driving up some of the Icefields Parkway, the scenic road that leads to Jasper. Both of these activities can be designed to incorporate hiking. At that time of year you would still catch the gold of the larch trees around Lake Louise and Moraine Lake.

Other popular landmarks in the vicinity of Banff are Johnston Canyon (about 20 minutes' drive from the town of Banff) and Sulphur Mountain Gondola (on the outskirts of Banff townsite).

Hope that helps.

Chicago, IL
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding October 1

Hi Marshall27,

We were married in Banff...in 1999 and it was THE BEST!! I wouldn't have changed a thing!

We had family come in and everyone stayed in the local B&B's. We stayed at the Banff Springs Hotel the night before and of our wedding. We had dinner the night before at the Hotel and the Hotel was VERY accomidating in helping up plan our wedding dinner.

We went out and enjoyed the local places in the evenings and during the daytime did day hikes (our family was there 4 days, we were there 2 weeks). We loved Eleanor's House - her husband Rick is the one who married us.

We did doing a overnight horseback riding trip which was quite an adventure and I highly recommend.

I am just now getting online to start researching going back to Banff in 2 years for our 10 year anniversary!

Good luck!

Tammy

Illinois

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding October 1

Wow! It's neat to hear of Americans coming up and finding Banff to be a lovely place to marry. It is!

Lake Louise as Judy mentioned will be a memorable trip even if you just go there and also rip up to the ice fields.

Can you contact the concierge of the hotel to arrange a van for your pick up and drop off at the hotel. Or maybe they could suggest a quick tour.

Your guests will probably want to wander through the shops and spend lots of money. Don't forget Bow Falls which are just outside the town centre toward Banff Springs Hotel.

You could also all take a trip up Sulphur Mountain gondola.

4. Re: Wedding October 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 16, 2009