We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel over Canada day

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel over Canada day

Is have two possibilities for a 4 night stay that includes Canada day. Please could you advise the pros and cons of these hotels over this period in July

The hotels are THe Fox and Banff Park Lodge.

We would like to see the parade and maybe some bands and the fireworks, we will also be eating in town restaurants.

Is one or the other a better choice please

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel over Canada day

The fox would be my first choice. The Park Lodge is nice, but for me, it just had an older feel to it. The Park is a bit closer to the heart of downtown, but both are close.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
17,955 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel over Canada day

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154911-i221-k7353…

this question just was raised. I stay monthly at Banff Park Lodge and its in the heart of everything and quieter. It would be my first choice. I can tell you that over the holiday the town is crazy and traffic or to go up the Gondola are crazy long so do your sightseeing before or after or early morning. Better to stick in town for the holiday and that is another reason to choose the BPL

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel over Canada day

thank you, I did see that question but as mine was different I thought it was worth asking. it does seem we will be in Banff at a busy time but we will make the best of it.

Thank you for your help

4. Re: Which hotel over Canada day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 14, 2015