We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banff Jan. 2014!

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stansted, England...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Banff Jan. 2014!

Thanks for everybody's help so far!

My flights are booked so no turning back now!

Has anybody got any recommendations, tips, discounts, offers etc. that they could tell me about for my trip?

Right now due to my budget:

I'm looking into staying at the Samesun Hostel Banff.

I'm looking at using Banff Airporter for transfers to and from Calgary.

SkiSafari in look like they can offer me best price for passes/ski shuttle.

Would be great if anybody can suggest better on those, but I still will need to get a boots, board, bindings combo when I get out there...looking to spend up to $350CAD.

+ Insurance co. recommendations?

ARGH! So many elements to plan! haha

Any help would be really appreciated. Unfortunately I am cash strapped after my recent university graduation, but want to do this trip and make it one heck of a gud'n too!

Thanks again y'all,

Aaron

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,724 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banff Jan. 2014!

Hi Aaron. You may find this recent, similar thread helpful: tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154911-i221-k69031…

Regarding insurance... I assume you are referring to emergency medical coverage (there are many other types of travel insurance). I don't think this is something we can help you with, since my understanding is that this is something you will need to purchase before you leave home. I am not sure how it works in the UK, but if I was offering advice to someone here in Canada, I would suggest shopping around through insurance brokers, online, througn a travel agency, or through a company with which you may already have some sort of medical coverage..

2. Re: Banff Jan. 2014!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 20, 2014