We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommadation in banff

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
accommadation in banff

I am holidaying in Banff next year, and I plan to stay in Banff, we would like to stay away from hotels, can people recommend to me any other accommodation tips for Banff , we are open to anything

wisconsin
Level Contributor
635 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommadation in banff

We stayed at a condo we found through VRBO that we really liked. It was perfect. Any time we're staying some place more than 3 days, we book through them so we can get a kitchen or whatever other amenities we need. I've been staying at places through VRBO for several years now, and it's my favorite way to find lodging. You can find any price point you want and they even have reviews of each place just like here on Trip Advisor. We had stayed in Canmore for our base for the first week of our trip, then in Jasper for the last 3 nights, and were mighty glad we did. Banff is extremely busy. If you do stay in that area, DON'T stay anywhere that's right in Banff. I can't imagine trying to get to sleep at night, or just to simply walk out the door would be frustrating. Finding a place for lunch in Banff was painful. I've never seen so many people in one town in my entire life. I thought the water capitol of the world, the Wisconsin Dells, got busy, but there's nothing compared to the town of Banff itself. But whatever you choose, you WILL have a great time. The Rockies are now my favorite place on earth. The residents in Canada are delightful.

Rockville, MD
Level Contributor
652 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommadation in banff

If you want something unique that is away from the center of town, consider Banff Log Cabin B&B: http://www.banfflogcabin.ca/index.php

It's basically an upscale one-bedroom log cabin in a residential area of Banff, but within easy walking distance of the town and the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel (which is worth seeing and you may want to eat there). The owners, who live next door, bring breakfast on a silver platter (literally)--homemade muffins or pancakes and fresh fruit salad--and also leave treats with the nightly turndown service (Perrier water and chocolates). They are very friendly and helpful. Be aware that the photo on the website may lead you to believe that it is in an isolated area, but it is not--there are homes all around, and the window next to the bed faces the driveway, which is shared by the owners (meaning a few times they were getting in or out of the car in front of our window). Also, there were sometimes kids playing on a trampoline on the other side of the cabin. But that didn't really bother us because we were out most of the time, and it was quiet at night.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: accommadation in banff

Banff has many Chalets Condos style accommodation or also Bed & breakfast. You can have a look at the ling below to check the different properties : banfflakelouise.com/Places-to-Stay/Chalets-C…

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
64 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommadation in banff

Alpine B&B is a terrific value in Banff.

Clean, comportable, very central, quiet - and affordable.

Look no further.

http://banffalpinebb.com/

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommadation in banff

airbnb.com has some pretty cool places!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommadation in banff

Just a note that anything listed on airbandb for Banff is likely to be illegal. To avoid disappointment, check your proposed accommodation on www.banff.ca to see whether it is a licenced business..

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,645 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommadation in banff

I had a look at the Banff listings on Airbnb, did a search for random dates in September. There is what appears to be one unlicensed place (cheap rate, room looks rather "thrown together", there is a partial exterior shot of the house, with enough showing that anyone familiar with the area (or the town bylaw cops) would be able ID it), a couple of licensed B&Bs, and then all sorts of places available in Canmore.

8. Re: accommadation in banff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 19, 2014