We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

revelstoke lake louise banff calgary january 2013

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
revelstoke lake louise banff calgary january 2013

Hi, we are staying at a Silver Star ski resort for 2 weeks in Dec/jan and then hiring a car from Kelowna to travel east to Calgary Airport then fly home. We have 7 days to do this last leg of our trip. Possible stay at Revelstoke on the way thru to Banff etc. We will be travelling with 2 kids 14 and 16. Can anyone recommend any must do's for the last 7 days of our trip? (4th jan to 11th jan) We are from Australia and have no idea yet what to see or do. Any help greatly appreciated. We ride both motorbikes and horses, so snow mobiling or (don't know if too cold) horseriding ideas would be nice too. My daughter is a diehard fan of Heartland too.

North East, Maryland
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: revelstoke lake louise banff calgary january 2013

Hi I read the post and see that your daughter likes Heartland I also love the show so if have any information about where to go to see areas that is is filmed would be great. That area looks like it is so beautiful.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,579 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: revelstoke lake louise banff calgary january 2013

You will find a self-guided tour of many Heartland filming locations at www.highrivertourism.com

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,159 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: revelstoke lake louise banff calgary january 2013

I'm still back at renting a car in Kelowna. If you're staying at Silver Star, why would you then backtrack an hour to Kelowna to pick up a rental car? Why not rent a car in Vernon? And just a reminder to look into the one-way drop-off fees, which will be substantial.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: revelstoke lake louise banff calgary january 2013

You can ring Canadian Affair (a UK company) and they will give you (an Australian) a rental car with no one way fees between Vancouver and Calgary. I don't think it had to be the entire trip between Vancouver and Calgary so you might need to check that.

Edited: 12:36 pm, February 22, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,809 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: revelstoke lake louise banff calgary january 2013

Old post from 2013, resurrected at #11.

calgary
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: revelstoke lake louise banff calgary january 2013

Okay everyone who has posted today (February 22, 2014) - check out the date on this original post; its from a year ago. It looks like the trip took place in January.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,159 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: revelstoke lake louise banff calgary january 2013

Dang! Usually I notice the necro-posts, but missed this one entirely. Thanks for catching!

Edited: 6:38 pm, February 22, 2014
18. Re: revelstoke lake louise banff calgary january 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 24, 2015