We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

only staying overnight...

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
only staying overnight...

I'll be going to visit Banff for the first time with my boyfriend, but will only be staying there overnight. Just wanted to know any ideas of what sights are a "must see" and what restaurants we should definitely try. We'll be staying right at the town centre.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: only staying overnight...

TripAdvisor's Local Expert for Banff, who goes by the online name of "banff," provided an excellent list of restaurants in this thread:

ttp://http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154911-i221-k601933-Banff_Banff_National_Park_Alberta.html

What sights you should see depend on a few different factors:

* whether or not you will have a car (I hope you will !)

* from which direction you'll be approaching Banff and in which direction you'll be heading when you depart from Banff

* your times of arrival and departure (telling us that you have only one night there is only part of the story, as we don't know how much time you'll have on your arrival day and on your departure day)

My website has a suggested 1-day itinerary of Banff National Park that starts and ends in Calgary:

…msn.com/CalgaryandCanadianRockiesTravelTips…

If you have time to see the places on my suggested itinerary (Moraine Lake and Lake Louise) plus additional places, I suggest:

* Johnston Canyon (about one third of the way from Banff townsite to Lake Louise on the Bow Valley Parkway or Hwy #1A -- suggest you walk at least to the Lower Falls)

* Sulphur Mountain gondola (just outside of Banff townsite)

2. Re: only staying overnight...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:42 am, August 13, 2009