We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to do Lake Ohara

cleveland
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Best way to do Lake Ohara

Hey is it feasible to plan my last day of trip from jasper to Calgary down icefields with a day stop into lake Ohara? Is there enough time? Or should I plan on seeing other sights back down the pkwy? would it be better to just do Ohara plus yoho on a daytrip from banff? Thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to do Lake Ohara

Probably not., you have to reserve a seat on the bus, that will take you there. You could walk all the way(and back), but that will take you best part of the day.

Seats on the bus can be reserved three months before departure date and only by telephone. I don't have the number at hand, but if you google "Lake O'Hara Bus" I'm sure you'll find it.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to do Lake Ohara

Here's the link:

pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/bc/yoho/activ/ohara/a.aspx

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to do Lake Ohara

Much better to do O'Hara on a day trip from Banff, as you have suggested. But only if you have succeeded in getting a reservation on the bus.

Yoho is worthy of a day trip even without O'Hara. Emerald Lake, Takkakaw Falls ...

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to do Lake Ohara

I would suggest to take your time driving from Jasper to Lake Louise and Calgary, as there are so many beautiful things to see and places to stop. It could easily take a full day. You have to check out the Columbia Icefields, Peyto Lake and Bow Lake among many other things.

Please see the following link:

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g154910-d15…

You can easily spend another day in Yoho National Park. For Lake O'Hara reservations I do recommend to call as early in the day as possible, 3 months in advance, as the few spots that they have available for day trips into Lake O'Hara do book up fast!

Happy Travels!

Banff Lake Louise Tourism

cleveland
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to do Lake Ohara

banff,

I know you can't " do" yoho in a day, but is it feasible to do Ohara (assuming I get bus) plus emerald and takkakaw? Or is that too rushed? Thx

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to do Lake Ohara

Assuming you get on the first bus in(8.30am) it will still be very tight. If you want to see and enjoy the beauty of the Lake O'Hara area, you should be there till at least the 2.30 pm bus going out. Don't know when you will be travelling, but depending on the hours of daylight you should have time enough to visit either Emerald Lake or Takkakaw Falls.

7. Re: Best way to do Lake Ohara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 17, 2013