We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Triathlon on September 8

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Triathlon on September 8

I have another question for the experts. We will be arriving in Banff on September 8, and have just realized that there will be a triathlon that day, with Banff Ave closed. We are staying at the Caribou, and wonder if the road will be open again by the time they start checking people in at 4:00?

We could always while away some time at a Calgary Mall if there is one that wouldn't require us going too far out of our way before setting off for Banff. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,838 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Triathlon on September 8

According to the event schedule, the award presentations are at 2:30 pm, meaning all the events will be done by then.

http://triseries.ca/banff/event_schedule.php I would imagine the Banff hotels and businesses would insist that the race organizers have the streets open again as soon as possible after the race is done.... September is still high season in Banff and there will be lots of visitors in town.

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Triathlon on September 8

Thank you! I'd hate to spend my precious National Parks time shopping, which I can do any time. :)

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Triathlon on September 8

On Saturday the race starts early morning 7.30 am and ends with the around at 2 pm.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
19,618 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Triathlon on September 8

I just discovered that our daughter from Calgary is competing in this event which will be her first time for a tri.

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,709 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Triathlon on September 8

Great place for it! Hope the weather is good,

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Triathlon on September 8

I'm arriving on the same day! Probably I will take the Gondola Ride and visit the Upper Hot Springs to avoid the crowds.

Mentioned in this post
Banff Gondola
Banff Gondola
7,075 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Banff Upper Hot Springs
Banff Upper Hot Springs
2,232 Reviews
Banff, Canada
7. Re: Triathlon on September 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 16, 2013