We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gas prices

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
gas prices

Can someone tell me what the gas prices are running. I did gasbuddy.com but only found 1 or 2 listings. Where is the best place to fill up around Banff. Thanks for the help.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gas prices

Banff is a big area. There really isnt an opportunity for you to waste gas to find the cheapest gas. It is all concentrated in the Banff Area.

Gasbuddy.com fails us for that area because not many people use Gasbuddy. There is actually more gas station then listed.

Not sure what your driving schedule is like. You can always fill it up in Calgary first and drive to Banff. If you dont do a lot of driving within Banff then save it till Canmore to fill it up again. Canmore is the closest town to Banff where there is more options.

Edited: 12:33 pm, July 03, 2012
Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gas prices

Thanks for all the input Tyfung!! I will fill it up at the border of Washington and hopefully make it to Banff on that tank. Will need to fill it up again when I get there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: gas prices

That's a good idea -- local prices fluctuate, but gas is always cheaper on the US side of the border as taxes on gas are much higher in Canada.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gas prices

Definitely, cant argue on that, gases are definitely more expensive in Canada.

In that area you will still find major gas companies such as Esso, Chevron, Shell. They all take US dollars and credit cards.

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gas prices

We were just there and it was $118.9 a litre

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
551 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gas prices

unfortunatly we had to get some gas at the crossings on the icefields parkway...169.9/litre.........................................................

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gas prices

We've been here before- gas prices above Scotch, Bourbon, even Tequila!!

I wonder if the catalyser can take hootch?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,210 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gas prices

Wow, Saskguy, that is really something! Did you have to wait long to be refuelled? I've noticed line-ups for gas at the Crossing in the past, which really adds insult to injury...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,684 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gas prices

AchesonTopeka--what kind of booze do you drink? No way to get a litre of Scotch for under 2 bucks last time I looked!!!

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: gas prices

MapleG- check the price *carefully* in #5...

Guess I could get a whole lot for $120, though?

The Crossings price would be a real bargain here in the UK (= C$1.80!!). Getting holed up in traffic is very costly.