We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New year

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New year

We are coming to Banff for New Year, a family of 12, ages from 9years to 75years! we are staying at the Banff Springs Hotel. Can anyone advise us where to eat New Years Eve, as there is 12 of us, nothing too expensive! Is everything open during the holidays?Have been told Sunshine is best place to sky for a day, is this correct and can we hire everything there ? Any advice for a great holiday would be appreciated! thanks !

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
68 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New year

Earls in banff would be a great not to expensive place to eat. Sunshine is the best ski resort and they have a really good rental shop. For a fun experince I might sugest night skiing at Mt Norquay, about a 15 min drive from the hotel.

cheshire uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New year

its getting really close now and youve all been very kind ,were all very excited please keep them coming,if any one needs to know about the uk just ask.

hampshire England
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: New year

I am also going to Banff for New Year, we are staying at the Caribou Lodge, on Main Street, this is our first time to Canada and our first time Ski-ing, we are really looking forward to it, we have a party of 7, from 13 to 65 mixed ages like your party.

I hope you enjoy yourself. Happy New Year

cheshire uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New year

merry christmas and happy new year to you all,.I guess two mini buses full of brits should be more than enough for the town folk.you really are in for a treat ,its a lovely town.

cheshire
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: New year

make that 3 mini buses of brits!

its my first time to banff. we fly out on the 1st jan. 6 of us altogether. My dad has been several times before. its his and my birthday on jan 2nd. he is 50, ill be 25. so its a big occassion.

we are staying at the banff international.

Hope to bump into to all. have a good new yera.

cheshire uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New year

well i hope you both have great birthdays,its our second visit.the first time was 4/5 years ago in october so no snow,this time there should be lots for children[of all ages] to play in.typical that its the first white xmas weve had here in years .

Portsmouth, United...
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: New year

Hello there my name is Paul and me and my girl freind are going to Banff for knew year to ive got a very small Bugit and i was just reading whot ppl righted for you well i hope you have a lovely time ive got no idear whot its like its gunna be my first time there we have not got much money but we are just gunna injoy looking round and having some drinks we are staying at the Bumpers Inn i got it really cheep 1200 pounds for both of us and flights and i only booked it 1 week ago but i was looking for really good deal for 2 days on the net well any way have a lovely hoiladay sorry not much help from me my email is coolpaul26@hotmail.com any tips

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: New year

Its our third Xmas in Banff, Caribou Lodge - they have been the best xmas/new year ever! snow is forecast for Christmas Day, how great is that! We have tried most of restaurants in Town and all have been excellent. The Grizzly is not to be missed, along with any of the Keg restaurants which are excellent. Banff Springs superb - we are travelling with a 17 and 14 year old and there is always plenty of things to do, don't miss the Banff Upper hot springs fantastic.

Happy Xmas and New year to all.

19. Re: New year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, May 08, 2009