We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self catering apartments in Banff

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
33 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
self catering apartments in Banff

Been looking for a self-catering apartment/condo to use for a skiing holiday. Have been to Banff lots of times, but always stayed in hotels that are room only. Can't seem to find anything ? Its only for 2 people & am looking for something close to shops/restaurants.in town centre. Not intending to hire a car as usually use the ski buses, so also want somewhere near a bus stop for ski buses- anyone recommend anywhere ?

Can't seam to find anything when searching internet !

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: self catering apartments in Banff

One of the reviews on TA pointed out that coffee, tea, milk, cereal and fruit were supplied for breakfast. I booked this place months ago. I also saw it listed on multiple web sites, not just vrbo.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: self catering apartments in Banff

If it is Cottage B&B ( thanks krp -- I didn't recognize it from the back) then it's legal.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: self catering apartments in Banff

I don't think the owner would be too happy seeing accusations of her place being illegal.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,395 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: self catering apartments in Banff

Nobody is accusing anyone. I was concerned, because illegal rentals are a known issue in both Banff and Canmore - particularly in Banff, where there are very few legal rentals. And as I noted, the absence of photos of the front of the property - or any exterior photos at all - can be a red flag.

But I believe it has all been sorted out now.

Edited: 10:27 pm, April 16, 2012
Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: self catering apartments in Banff

There are issues with illegal rental properities in Banff but the property that has been in question is Cottage B&B. banfflakelouise.com/meridian/…CTB

Thanks to Country Wife, banff and krp for helping to sort out that issue.

BanffLakeLouise

16. Re: self catering apartments in Banff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:44 pm, June 20, 2012
17. Re: self catering apartments in Banff

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:45 pm, June 20, 2012
Perth, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: self catering apartments in Banff

Banff Rocky Mountain Resort.

19. Re: self catering apartments in Banff

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 16, 2013