We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle to Banff/Skoki Lodge

JFT
Illinois
12 posts
Save Topic
Seattle to Banff/Skoki Lodge

We (2 Adults) will be traveling from Seattle to the Skoki Lodge at the end of August.

We will be driving and looking for the best quickest route to get their. I will be arriving in Seattle on the Thursday 25th in the evening and staying with friends in Bellingham WA that night. We have to be at the Whiskeyjack Lodge on Sunday at 9:30 AM. We will be at the lodge for 2 nights leaving their on Tuesday th 30th. We have until Sunday the 4th. So we want to take some time going back to Seattle after we leave the lodge.

Looking for a place to white water raft and rock climb between Banff and Seattle. Looking for suggestions the best place and or outfitter to do this.

Thank You

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle to Banff/Skoki Lodge

I've driven from Calgary to Seattle in one (long) day, so 2 days should be reasonable. Google maps gives this route, which looks like about the one I'd give:

http://maps.google.com/maps?spn=3.097182,7.660767&saddr=bellingham,+wa&daddr=lake+louise,+ab&hl=en

You'd probably want to stay in Lake Louise (or possibly Golden) on the 27th.

The Kicking Horse River, between Yoho NP and Golden BC is a good place to go whitewater rafting. (The end of August may not be the best time to go however.) I can't remember which company I went with, but they all do basically the same tour for a similar price. An internet search would give you a number of options.

On your way back, you may consider heading up the Icefields parkway toward Jasper. If you search this forum, you will find lots of suggestions of things to do along the way.