We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banff October 2007

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Conley, Georgia
Level Contributor
51 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Banff October 2007

Just wondering what is the best way to see the Canadian Rockies ? We have already booked our hotel and rental car and flight and we are leaving Calgary at 8:30 am and we are planning on staying 7 nights in Banff so we know we are going to have to leave Banff around 4:30 am to get to Calgary to return our car by 6:00 is this enough time? Want to do Icefields tour but it closes Oct 15th is it best to take tour on Sunday 14th or Monday the 15th?. Fees to get into park 1 Sr Citizen 1 Adult better to get annual pass? Heard someone say a rental car company paid the fees to enter park? Anybody have any suggestions what all to see? eat?

Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Banff October 2007

First. Make a reservation at the Delta hotel at the airport for the night before your departure. Spend the day doing what you want in Banff and then drive down. Return the car. The hotel is directly across from the departure area. They will help you across with your luggage. You will also get a good night's sleep.

I have never known of a rental car company paying park fees.

Personally I would go to the Icefields on the 14th. Why wait until staff is truly packing up and ready to be done?

As to what to do, I will let others more familiar with the climate in October respond. I imagine it is getting chilly that time of year. Also you don't say if you are in to much hiking or just driving around and doing shorter walks.

2. Re: Banff October 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 31, 2009