We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpacking around the 10th of May

Vancouver
1 post
Save Topic
Backpacking around the 10th of May

Hi,

I'd like to do a 2 or 3 day Backpacking trip in the Banff area. Their Website has quite a few trails, but are any of those possible in early May. I don't mind if it involves snowshoeing. I'd just like it to involve either open campsites or shelters on the way.

Any ideas???

Thanks Nick

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,809 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpacking around the 10th of May

You might want to call the Banff Trail Office (Parks Canada) for more information. Backpacking season in the Rockies really doesn't start until June/July. Many of the trails that go into the subalpine/alpine will have snow (avalanche danger) or wet and muddy conditions into July.

2. Re: Backpacking around the 10th of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 29, 2009