We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banff and Revelstoke

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Banff and Revelstoke

For our first time to the Canadian Rockies we are planning 4 nights in Jasper, 2 in Lake Louise, and 4 in Banff. We have one more night to plan and are trying to decide where to spend it: a 5th night: Banff or Revelstoke, as this is on the way to the airport.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banff and Revelstoke

I'd stay an extra day in Banff, less moving around IMO...

calgary
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banff and Revelstoke

What airport are you flying out of?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,602 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banff and Revelstoke

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154943-i81-k73034…

I think post 7 on the above may still be the itinerary. Can you confirm Pinkb?

Hi Pinkb ~

It looks like you've got those 3 undecided nights on the way to Seattle decided, except for one night. Where are the 2 nights that you have figured out? One might be Spokane?

I would suggest you stay in Revelstoke after Banff, then I gather you will go down through Castlegar, Salmo and the border at Nelway south of Salmo to Spokane? The border is open from 8 am to midnight daily at that crossing. Revy is quite picturesque and has a number of attractions to enjoy.

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banff and Revelstoke

Seattle

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banff and Revelstoke

Yes, that is my post.

So for my remaining 3 nites I am thinking:

1 additional nite in Banff (for a total of 5) OR 1 nite in Revelstoke

1 night on the road to halfwary to Seattle between Banff or Revelstoke (Osoyoos? Spokane?)

1 night in Seattle

Thank you for your input!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,602 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banff and Revelstoke

I would go with 1 night Revelstoke (about 4 hours, stops extra from Banff.)

Then, you need to economise your time a bit, so head off to 1 night Osoyoos (about 4 1/2 hours, stops extra.)

Then to Seattle (about 5 hours, stops extra) for 1 night.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,698 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banff and Revelstoke

Given your overall plan, I'm not sure I would go through Revelstoke at all. I would probably be heading through Invermere towards Cranbrook. Where were you planning to cross the border? The 95 takes you into Idaho, or were you thinking a bit further west, like Christina Lake and then head down the 395 through Kettle Falls? I think you can also cross in the Trail/Rossland area, but those are minor highways that could be quite slow. Probably quite pleasant driving through.

If you stay in Canada all the way to Osoyoos, then you won't be going through Spokane.

8. Re: Banff and Revelstoke

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 03, 2015