We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary to Vancouver via Public Transport

Montreal
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Calgary to Vancouver via Public Transport

Hi,

I am planning to go for vacation to BRitish Columbia and planning to go for Calgary to Vancouver or vice versa. I dont have drive and hence, want to travel through Public Transport and would be travelling with my 3 year old Child and wife.

Would like to visit -

Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise and Vancouver.

Rock

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Jasper
Jasper
Jasper National Park, Canada
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,915 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calgary to Vancouver via Public Transport

There are two main ways to get from Calgary to Vancouver via public transport: the Greyhound bus ( www.greyhound.ca ) or the Moose Travel Network tour bus ( www.moosenetwork.com/tours_canada_west.php ). Moose Travel Network is a budget friendly tour service; their main customers are young people, but older people enjoy them as well. I haven't seen any feedback from families. Check their tours carefully, to make sure the dates and accommodation options work for you. Often you can arrange your own accommodations on their tours, if you wish.

There is no regular train service between Calgary and Vancouver, just the luxury Rocky Mountaineer tourist train, which takes 2 days with an overnight stop in Kamloops.

Greyhound does not run on the Icefields Parkway (Hwy 93N) between Banff / Lake Louise and Jasper. In the summer season, your options for that route would be the Moose Travel Network or the Brewster (Explore Rockies) tour: explorerockies.com/sightseeing-tours/Rockies…

You can also take Brewster from downtown Calgary or the Calgary airport to Banff or Lake Louise, or between Banff and Lake Louise:

brewstertransportation.com/banff-airport-exp…

Banff Airporter is a shuttle service between the Calgary airport and Banff:

http://www.banffairporter.com/

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Moose Hotel and Suites
Moose Hotel and Suites
817 Reviews
Banff, Canada
The Rocky Mountaineer
The Rocky Mountaineer
4,917 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Icefields Parkway
Icefields Parkway
1,464 Reviews
Banff
Banff
Jasper
Jasper
Jasper National Park, Canada
Banff Airporter
Banff Airporter
513 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Montreal
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Calgary to Vancouver via Public Transport

thanks a lot for detailed suggestion.

Rock

Montreal
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Calgary to Vancouver via Public Transport

One More question -

Waht would be climate/weather if i plan my trip around end of May next year. I am not able to travel this year hence, planning end of May next year.

Rock

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,915 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calgary to Vancouver via Public Transport

The end of May might be a bit early for Moose Travel Network. If you're planning to use them, check to see when their service starts for the season. Weather-wise, it will be nice as long as you're not planning on much in the way of hiking, as higher elevations will still be snow-covered. Mornings and evenings will be quite cool, around freezing, but nicer during the daytime.

Mentioned in this post
Moose Hotel and Suites
Moose Hotel and Suites
817 Reviews
Banff, Canada
5. Re: Calgary to Vancouver via Public Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 16, 2014