We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from SJD airport to Los Barriles

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Los Barriles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
somewhere in MT
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation from SJD airport to Los Barriles

A friend and I are planning a May trip to Los Barriles and would like to avoid renting a car due to expense and hassle. Is there any public transportation available from the airport to Los Barriles, and if so, what is the approximate cost? Thank you for any and all help!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from SJD airport to Los Barriles

Taxi is about $100 as much as I know. You can post request for ride sharing at thebajaponyexpress.com under "airport"

I will be coming there April 18 and going back May 3 and would love to share with someone ride to and from airport

Idaho, United States
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from SJD airport to Los Barriles

There is a bus that costs about $17 from airport to Los Barilles. You will have to walk from the bus stop to town. I didn't see many taxis, but the people in town are very friendly and will most certainly give you a ride....especially if you offer to pick up the first round at Smokey's during happy hour :)

Los Barriles, Mexico
Level Contributor
101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from SJD airport to Los Barriles

You didn't say where you are staying.... The Palmas de Cortez has a pick-up service and the Los Barriles Hotel can arrange a driver for you at about $40 per person one way, $80 rt. On their websites. The Baja pony express is a good choice also.

4. Re: Transportation from SJD airport to Los Barriles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, June 17, 2013