We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cook

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Cook

We have been to Los Barriles numerous times and always had Norma come by and cook for us at least a couple of times each trip. The food is wonderful and the condo is actually cleaner after she leaves. Always plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.

If you are new coming to this area, I would suggest working with Julie at abajavacation.com. Her family lives there and she is great to work through and can set you up with a nice rental along with Norma to cook and is willing to help with what ever you may need. If you are already set with a rental you can PM me and I can give you Norma's cell number or email. Below is a sample of Norma's menu:

1. MEXICAN COMBINATION

choice of beef, chicken, fish or shrimp

includes: tostada, enchilada, taco, chile relleno with cheese, rice & beans

salsa, guacamole & chips.

2. CARNE ASADA

grilled beef with ranch beans, potatoes, tortillas, salsa, guacamole & chips.

3. FISH

with: steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes, tortillas, salsa, guacamole & chips.

VERACRUZANO - prepared in sauce of tomatoes, onions, pimiento chile & tomato juice.

AL MOJO - prepared in butter and garlic sauce.

EMPAPELADO - filet with ham, cheese, bacon, mushrooms, vegetables & shrimp.

EMPANIZADO - breaded and fried.

4.SHRIMP

with: french fries and green salad.

RELLENO: stuffed with cheese, ham & bacon.

AL MOJO: prepared in butter and garlic sauce.

A LA DIABLA: prepared in cream and chipotle sauce.

FAJITAS: prepared in pimiento chile, onion and garlic.

RANCHERO: in red sauce.

5. PORK CARNITAS OR PORK CHOPS

with: mashed potatoes, carrot salad, tortillas or bread, salsa, guacamole & chips.

6. CHICKEN MOLE

with: rice, beans, green salad, tortillas, salsa, guacamole & chips.

7. BBQ CHICKEN OR CHICKEN FAJITAS

with: mashed potatoes, carrot salad with pineapple, tortillas or bread, salsa, guacamole & chips.

8. SURF & TURF BROCHETTE

beef & shrimp with bacon, chile pimiento & onions, rice, beans, salad, tortillas or bread, salsa, guacamole & chips.

9. TAMALES

choice of: chicken or pork with pasta salad, beans, salsa, guacamole & chips.

10. ENCHILADAS SUIZAS

choice of: fish, beef or chicken, rice, beans, salsa, guacamole & chips.

DESSERT*- FLAN- CHOCOLATE CAKE-TRES LECHES CAKE

Tustin, California
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cook

How much is Norma charging per meal? We're planning to go to Los Barriles next year(2 adults, 2 kids 12,15), not set on where to stay yet.

Thanks,

Lynn

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cook

I believe that it is $12 / per person plus extra if you want dessert. It will end up being enough for 2 meals.

Tustin, California
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cook

Thanks for your prompt response. Where did you stay at Los Barriles? Where would you recommend for a beachfront place to stay for a family of 4 that is not too expensive? We have two sons, and planning to go there next year. We have never been to Cabo or East Cape. My husband and sons would like to do some fishing, birdwatching, snorkeling, kayaking.

Do you have Norma's email?

Thanks,

Lynn

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cook

Sent you a PM. I'm not comfortable posting Norma's email on a public forum.

St. George, Utah
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cook

Wow she sounds great. We are actually in Los Barriles now and I just wanted to let you know of a good restaurant as well. It is called Campestre's or Triny's (I think both are on the sign). We have had dinner there twice and both times were excellent! The grilled tuna filet was delicious; I was hesitant to try it but so glad I did! The owners and their family are very nice too. It is casual (everything is in LB) and the meal cost about 160 pesos per person ...right now that's about $14. La Fogata was pretty good too. For breakfast it's hard to beat the Roadrunner Cafe, and I understand they have lunch too.

Edited: 9:09 pm, September 22, 2011
6. Re: Cook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, October 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Los Barriles