We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

We are heading to the Decameron Aug 6 to get married. Has anyone attended or seen a wedding there? How was it? Any advice/tips/suggestions about planning for a wedding down there?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

Oooh I can't put my finger on it, but someone had a wedding there that I know... sorry

Kamloops, British...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

We were at the Royal Decameron the end of February beginning of March. There were 3 weddings while we were there. We talked to the mother of the groom of one of them. She said that they paid $400 Canadian for the marriage commissioner, flowers, cake, and reception. They had a t-bone steak dinner (she said it was excellent) for around 30 people. They have a large U shaped table in the steak house, in a separate part for the reception. She also said that the 27th person stayed free. (I'm not quite sure on this, as she was talking to another mother whose son was coming there in November to get married) The weddings were either on the beach or in the gardens. Which are beautiful for picture taking. I remember seeing a desk in one of the lobbies where the guy that handles the wedding was sitting. Try and find out how you get in touch with him.

Calgary
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

Thanks for your reply!! We are looking at the beach wedding for around 30 guests as well. Does the beach there compare to the Mayan beaches? (size, consistency of the sand, activities etc.?)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

The beach at the Royal Decameron is HUGE. No problem with space there... I would estimate they have close to a KM wide of beach, and about 100 yards from the wall to the water.

However, its not as clear as the east coast... and the sand is more brownish than that clean white you get over on the other side.

Chesterfield...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

I thought about a wedding there too. Hope all goes well for you. I was scared with my bad luck I would end up forgetting to bring something and not be able to get married. Then we would have the honeymoon before the wedding. Good Luck.

Kamloops, British...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

I have never been to the Mayan side of Mexico, but the other comments were correct. The beach is huge and goes on forever. It was always kept very clean. They even hose down the lounge chairs at night time. I am sure you would be able to have your wedding without other people wandering through etc because the beach is so large.

Calgary
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

Bump

WA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

Arkay,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. We are getting married on Aug 6th also and will be at the RD on Aug 8.

Have you looked at their website? If not look it up at www.decameron.com. Good luck!

Calgary
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

Glad to meet you blondbomb, congratulations on YOUR upcoming wedding too!!

Yes, we have already checked out everything on the website. The wedding is planned for later on in the week, we have to be in Mexico for 3 business days before getting married to get all of our paperwork for the wedding translated and approved. Our wedding planner from the Decameron has been great, everything so far has gone pretty easy (knock on wood!!). So we are getting pretty excited.

WA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding at the Royal Decameron?

I hope we get the opportunity to meet you and your fiance while there. I'll be the really white girl trying not to get burnt :)