We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chciago, IL.
3 posts
Save Topic
Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

Is there anywhere to sun bath naked or atleast topless? My wife enjoys sunbathing in the Nude. I'm staying at the RIU in Vallarta in Feb. Any assistance is appreciated.

Salt Lake City Utah
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

Theoritically all beaches on Mexico are public and public nudity is not allowed in Mexico. Not sure how strict this is enforced, but it is against Mexican Law.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,245 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

All you can do is rent a car or jeep, take a towel and a lunch, and go to one of the beaches where there are very few people. It's still illegal there, but, obviously, if no one is around.... You should be able to fine nice ones within 45 minutes to an hour north of you.

During the week is best as many Mexicans picnic on these beaches on weekends.

Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

Two experiences we had:

The first night we got there, it was late so we went to the sports bar where a playful interchange was taking place between the bartender and an obviously inebriated female guest. Not sure what brought it on, but suddenly she decided to lift her shirt and show everyone her store bought enhancements. The bartender immediately started yelling at her to stop and was visibly upset. He seemed offended to think that she would do that and his attitude was noticeably different toward her after that. Her male companion was right beside her the whole time and it was obvious the bartender was not flirting with her in any way.

Another loud, boisterous female and her equally obnoxious male companion decided to do the 'wild thing' in the fountain in the adult pool after dark. They were caught and apparently banned from the pool. We saw them around the resort the next 2 days but they never went to the pool again and acted very subdued.

I know these instances are quite different from topless sunbathing but it gives you some insight as to the way the locals feel about things of this nature. We saw no topless sunbathers at all.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

I think the key is to find a secluded spot and enjoy it yourselves. On the Cancun side, where there are many more Europeans, topless women and men in speedos ( in the 50 -60 year old range) are much more common.

ASD
Winfield, IL
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

I have been to different parts of Mexico and EVERY (4 or 5) time there were people sunbathing topless. They were by the pool and on the beach. They were very polite about it. They were just laying down. If they ever got up they put their tops on. I was never offended. Like I said they were very polite about it.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

The Rui is a family resort and topless sun bathing is not appropriate, however you may want to walk down the beach with your towel and find an area has few to no people to sun bath topless. The Nuevo Vallarta area is very different than the Cancun area where u will see many topless sun bathers. We have never seen topless sun bathing at or around the pool area in the 4 trips we have taken to PV where we have always seen topless sun bathers in the Cancun area.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

Hi!

While at the Jalisco next door I saw two topless sunbathers laying on the beach.

One was very discreet, the older (70ish) would take her time getting up, stretching and then puttting her top back on. (Not a very attractive sight!)

I never saw security or anyone talk to either of them. Although its not really accepted in PV Im sure if you go to the end of the beach area away from all the action no one will bother you. I would not attempt to go completely nude though people will be offended as these are considered "family" resorts.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

According to Expedia, the Gateway Club in Puerto Vallarta, permits topless sunbathing.....so perhaps you could get onto their beach?? HOpe this is helpful!!!

9. Re: Nude Beaches / Sun Bathing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 22, 2009