We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is end of June too rainy or hot for kids?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
860 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is end of June too rainy or hot for kids?

After reading and re-reading some of the postings for Mexico in general, could use some help re weather. Have heard many times "rainy season" starts in June and that it is hot and Humid and chance of hurricanes? Spending over $5,000 for a rainy wet trip is not my idea of a great vacatino with kids? Has anyone been in June or is this just the edge of the rainy season?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,232 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is end of June too rainy or hot for kids?

Hi there: First, rainy season in Mexico usually means some rain every day, generally in the late afternoon or during the night. Often there are spectacular thunderstorms with bright sun preceding and following. I can't recall any days in the summer when it was dreary and raining all day. Not like somtimes if you go to a cottage (we're from Canada too.) and end up playing board games inside all day :)

As for hot, yes it's hot but as long as you can retreat to some air conditioning in your resort I don't think you or your kids would find it a problem, particularly since one can spend so much time in the pools and the ocean and wear appropriately light clothes. (Light cottons are great). Also, in our experience, August is hotter than June.

The one big advantage, I think, of the summers (starting in about May) is that the ocean is usually calm enough to swim in--even for little kids. This isn't the case in the winter unfortunately. We always make sure we go down for at least a couple of weeks in the summer because we adore swimming in the ocean and it is absolutely beautiful.