We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in august in nuevo vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new castle, pa
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
honeymoon in august in nuevo vallarta

Looking into honeymoon destinations and someone suggested Nuevo Vallarta rather then Puerto Vallarta. How is the weather in August, unbearably hot or not? Also, any suggestions on hotels to stay at would be appreciated.

Regina, SK, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon in august in nuevo vallarta

You should check out the Palladium Vallarta for your Honeymoon - its THE place to go for a honeymoon. It's not a "singles only" hotel so there will be kids around but if you ask to be in Building One by the Adult pool it will be much quieter than in the buildings by the main pool. The resort is beautifully landscaped and will only get better as the resort is only six years old. I hear there are doing some renovating but it sounds like it is minor stuff. The staff were very friendly - from management right down houskeeping staff. Food was excellent - we never got bored of the buffet. The scenery was amazing - we took long walks on the beach for hours and rarely saw anyone else. Its a five star hotel so it will be a little pricy but believe me it is worth it. I think that there is a national holiday in Mexico in August so you need to check that out - I hear the resorts fill up. Hope this helps - Congratulations & have a wonderful honeymoon!!

Stockton, CA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon in august in nuevo vallarta

We enjoyed Vallara Adventures' "Rhythms of the Night" evening on our trip to Nuevo Vallarta a couple of weeks ago. It's designed to be a romantic evening, from a boat ride each way, to a torchlit beach, candlelight dinner, and lovely and dramatic show. On our trip, they paid extra attention to newlyweds and couples celebrating anniversaries and had dancing on the boat on the way back to Neuvo Vallarta. You can also embark from Puerto Vallarta. Allow all evening -- from about 5-11 pm.

Lake Chapala area...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon in august in nuevo vallarta

Many lovely hotels in the Nuevo Vallarta area but, yes, in August it can be brutally hot and muggy. That is the middle of hurricane and rainy season in this part of Mexico. Might be ok if you are planning a casual dress wedding with the lovely breeze off the ocean at the hotel.

Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon in august in nuevo vallarta

I have been talking with the staff at the Mayan Resorts in NV and they say that it's pretty darn hot in August but more important is that it is REALLY humid then. Rainy season is starting as well although when it rains - it absolutely pours - and then it's over for awhile to the next monsoon. My advice - stay away from that part of Mexico that time of year or plan a pre-anniversary and go before May.