We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Palace Pacifico vs. Royal DeCameron

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
denver, colorado
Level Contributor
366 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Palace Pacifico vs. Royal DeCameron

We have stayed at the Palace twice and enjoy staying there for a relaxing vacation. Contemplating RDC because we are interested in trying something different, also perhaps dining out more in Bucerias and a few excursions. Savings of staying at RDC would easily pay for this.

We understand what some of the differences would be such as room safe not included, no inroom refrig, etc. Looking at staying at Thanksgiving. Wonder if anyone who has stayed at both resorts has in insight on what to expect regarding RDC. One question is does RDC supply bottle water? Concerned if we will be greatly disappointed regarding quality of food, service, and a quiet atmosphere.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,729 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: RIU Palace Pacifico vs. Royal DeCameron

Darn! While you were doing the painting and tinkering at my place, I figured I'd visit every evening and bring some take-out or even make dinner for you and your wife. (More laughter here!)

Sorry, I've been back in Chicago since the end of April, so I don't have any pictures of the newly completed town square.

victoria canada
Level Contributor
581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: RIU Palace Pacifico vs. Royal DeCameron

So it's done? Can't wait to see it!

Cheers

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: RIU Palace Pacifico vs. Royal DeCameron

When I was there a couple of weeks ago the concrete work looked complete, but none of the finishing touches - plants, painting, etc. - were done yet. Although I didn't take a hard look (and could have missed some things), I didn't see a whole lot of difference or obvious improvement relative to what was there before. In fact, in some ways the area is now less functional because the previous sunken square area is now a shape that wouldn't really allow it to be used for sports.

The main upgrade appears to be the street adjacent to the south part of the plaza, which has been improved and now has planters in the middle. Overall, though, unless the project was undertaken due to some required infrastructure issues (e.g. water / sewer pipework), there were probably better ways to spend the money (in my opinion; I'm sure others may disagree).

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: RIU Palace Pacifico vs. Royal DeCameron

I agree the "theatre" part now can't be used for hockey which was previously done. The stamped concrete main road is an improvement, and eventually I heard its going all the way up to the hwy. I had also heard that the improvement was a kind of "use it or lose it" type of grant, which we are familiar with in Canada too. Hopefully the greenery gets put in soon, and at least the disruption to the adjacent businesses should be done.

25. Re: RIU Palace Pacifico vs. Royal DeCameron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 29, 2015