We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samba Vallarta, in Nuevo Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Flin Flon, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Samba Vallarta, in Nuevo Vallarta

Our son gave us a trip to Mexico for Christmas and our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We have never been before and are really looking forward to the trip. After a lot of looking at hotels we picked the Samba in Nuevo Vallarta. I now have some questions about the Geckos that are all over. I'm really don't like the idea of them in my room and I have been told that they are all over. Please, anyone who has been to the Samba, can you tell me what it was like. I've read it is kept very clean but nothing about the Geckos. I hope I don't sound to picky but I'd like a heads up before we go. Thanks to anyone that can help. Any other tips you have to give me would be apprecated.

Brampton
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Samba Vallarta, in Nuevo Vallarta

We stayed at Samba last April. We loved it!!!!!!!!! The hotel is very clean ,the staff very friendly, the grounds are kept very clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We never saw geckos in our room or around the hotel. We did see one in a tree. Believe me I would not go there if there was anything running around in my room rie2005

Brampton
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Samba Vallarta, in Nuevo Vallarta

We were at Samba Vallata last April. It was a great vacation!!!!!!!!!! Rooms were clean and the staff very friendly!!!!!!!!!! The grounds were beautifully kept. We saw one gecko in a tree. Never saw one in our room or around the hotel. Believe me I would not go there if there were any in the rooms. I would highly reccomend the Samba. H in Brampton

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samba Vallarta, in Nuevo Vallarta

Was there in January and saw one tiny gecko on the wall near the patio door in our room. Probably got in when we left the door open. No big deal as this is a tropical climate and little creatures are to be expected! They can't harm you in any way, are very shy and tend to stick to wall surfaces. I don't think changing hotels is going to change the chances of meeting unexpected guests!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Samba Vallarta, in Nuevo Vallarta

We just returned from Samba, we had a great time, never seen any geckos (see my new review on Samba, stayed Feb.24-Mar.4). It is a wonderful little hotel, extremely clean, perfect staff, food is fresh, very friendly people. Yes, I did tip but it was not required, you will want to tip them because they work so hard, and they are wonderful people.

If you look for a nice place to relax Samba is the best. I will go again. We are a middle age couple, and we were happy over there.

ontario
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Samba Vallarta, in Nuevo Vallarta

Are there hair dryers in the rooms or should I bring my own? Anything special we should bring?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Samba Vallarta, in Nuevo Vallarta

No hairdryers or irons in the rooms. I loaned an iron from housekeeping, but they only let you have it for an hour or so.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,555 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Samba Vallarta, in Nuevo Vallarta

Hi there: We're from Ontario when we're not in Puerto Vallarta. The only geckos you might see in your room are tiny little things a few inches that run like the wind across the upper corners of your wall, high-up. They're able to, Houdini-like, enter the tiniest little space somewhere so there's really not much any hotel can do about it. Geckos are just looking for mosquitoes and other nasties that they like to eat. They're frightened of humans (poor little things). Sometimes I jump when I see one but then I think "thank goodness, it was just a gecko!". One of the reasons you'll see the gecko symbol on all sorts of handicrafts is that they are a beneficial member of the ecosystem in that they do eat other insects. I do hope you won't stay away from Mexico for fear of geckos. That would be like staying away from some of the lovely parts of Canada because there might be mosquitos, but even more of a shame because geckos don't bite or carry disease anything. And they're so tiny and cute really. Best wishes to you :)