We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at Dreams Villa Magna

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Live at Dreams Villa Magna

After a delayed flight, we finally arrived home at 3:30 PM yesterday. We were greated by Horatio, Alex, Gloriana (sp) and Johnny. After holes and introductions we were treated to a Cazadores margarita with a decorative lime that looked like a sun burst. We later found out that Betty made the lime. We were taken upstairs where Marlon checked us in and then took us to our room 1702. We had fruit, candy and pastries with several notes from the staff. The big surprise was a bottle of Cazadores from Cathy and Larry who we only knew from tripadvisor.

Afte unpacking, went to Oceana for a late lunch. I started with the Dreams crevice (which I have been dreaming about for the last 2 weeks followed by an Italian panini. Barb had the fish taco combo. We both had the lemon sorbet after. Several margaritas in too short of a time and we went upstairs to nap. After a rest and showers, went up to Gohan. Ishmael and our fav bartender Gilberto were there. After one of Gilberto's special martinis made with saki, we were back to Oceana for dinner. I had grouper and Barb had Jack Daniels shrimp. Alvarado was our waiter at lunch where we mentioned that in the last few years we were here for Mothers Day but not this year. After dinner, he surprised us with a special cake with fresh fruit toppings and on the plate, it had "happy mom's day" in chocolate. One Baileys at Gohan and we called it a night.

More later on day 2.

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Live at Dreams Villa Magna

Happy Anniversary from beautiful and finally warm Minnesota. I was happy to hear they made your night so wonderful,

And this proves why all of us like to return to the same place again and again....It is the people that work there and the people you meet.

The greens are green and the weather is warm just waiting for your arrival back to Chicago for your tee off time. Safe travels back to the US.

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Live at Dreams Villa Magna

Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes.

This morning we ate breakfast at Oceana again. It was nice to have most of the place to ourselves. Beach volleyball in the morning and again at 4 PM. Had lunch at the World. After lunch, we went to the spa and used the hydrotherapy. Sat in the hot tubs and used all the hydro jets. It's a great way to spend an afternoon.

On the way up to the room after volleyball, I made my usual stop atthe preferred lounge. In addition to my usual chocolate chip cookies, they also had rib tips. I picked up a nice plate for us to munch on before dinner.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,532 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Live at Dreams Villa Magna

Happy Anniversary from Mr.QT and I :)

Great live thread kinda feels like we are there with you.

We just booked four nights at the Iberostar in Oct then a week at Vista del Sol. It's going to feel weird when we drive past Nuevo to go to Punta Minta

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Live at Dreams Villa Magna

Quincy: enjoy the new Iberstar.

Drinks at Gohan before dinner as usual. Got dressed up forPortifino. Marlon (one of our favorites was our waiter). He brought us a plate of special apps including some grilled shrimp. Barb had the special of the day which was a chicken breast stuffed with spinach and cheese with a mushroom gravy. I had scallops and shrimp. And of course, 2 margaritas each.

Back up tp Gohan to finish the evening. It was somewhat crowded but all the groups sat in the sofas by the glass rail and the other half seemed empty.

Well this is our last full day. One more chance for sun and margaritas.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Live at Dreams Villa Magna

Hey Bob. Wish we could have stayed for your anniversary night too! Were very sad to leave you both and had a fabulous time made all the more special by meeting you and Barbara xxxx Liz and Phil send their love too and if you're ever passing by they have invited you to have afternoon tea and some cucumber sarnies!!! Have a safe trip home tomorrow and say hi to the boy's in Gohan xxxx.

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Live at Dreams Villa Magna

Thanks Sarah.

Forgot to mention that after dinner at Portifino last night, I went back to the room to change from long pants to shorts. The key didn't work. Long story short, security came up and tested the lock and replaced the battery. A problem quickly solved.

Breakfast today at World Cafe. I had yogurt and a toasted English muffin with peanut butter (something I like to have at home). Volleyball this morning and again in the afternoon. We only played 2 games as the net had to come down as there is a wedding today. Crazy game today was kicking soccer balls into a goal in the pool floating on boogie boards. I was the only one from the US to make it through 3 rounds to the finals. A guy from England won.

Had our last lunch at Oceana. Talked to the captain (Gabriela) and found out she has been there just over 2 weeks and came from the other Dreams. A really nice lady and a hard worker.

Last time up at Gohan and our last dinner tonight.

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Live at Dreams Villa Magna

Up to Gohan for predinner drinks. Took pictures with all the guys (Barb posted on Facebook). Got a special gift from Ishmael. A beautiful hand painted plaque.

As we passed through the lobby, all the activity staff were there, so more pics with them (Facebook again).

Dinner at El Patio. Plate of special apps and we had the chef's special for the night. 3 kabobs with steak, chicken and 3 huge shrimp. A great presentation and the steak melted in your mouth. 2 margaritas with the meal and dessert was cream brûlée and tres leche cake for me.

Crowded at Gohan as the wedding group was there. Lots of heat lighting in the sky. No bolts and very little thunder but the sky was lighting up all night. Also a nice foolish breeze. First time in the 2 weeks that there has been a breeze in the evening. No rain so far. Heard there is a tropical storm at sea out a few hundred miles.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
369 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Live at Dreams Villa Magna

So enjoyed reading your posts again! Thanks for taking the time to share your vacation with us.. We hope t get back to DreamsVM this November.

Chicago
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Live at Dreams Villa Magna

OMG! Love it! So what your saying is I HAVE TO BOOK A TRIP HERE ASAP!!!!! How can I not for $989.00pp for 1 week?!

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Live at Dreams Villa Magna

pvis4me; we hope to be back in October again

travelcrazy: YES you have to go. It is an amazing place.

Last day (Tuesday May 27) we packed up and then had one last breakfast on the side of the pool. Took a little walk around, down to the beach and said goodbye to everyone. Had the luggage brought down and checked out.

Spent the last bit of time talking with several of the staff and even met Sr. Alma Gomez who is the general manager. She is a warm, friendly person. I can see how that attitude passes down from her managers to all her staff. A last picture with several staff and the bus was there to take us back to the airport.

Now we will have to start looking at October for a return visit.

Now that we have caught up on all the work at home, will post a review later this week.